Unselect row on SearchPane remove other rows

Unselect row on SearchPane remove other rows

rezkydrezkyd Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited July 2020 in Free community support

Link to test case:
http://live.datatables.net/quzusobu/1/

Description of problem:
I have a set of data that need to be filtered but not shown, these filtered data then will be used and processed for other table to display. Previously I just used jQuery hide() to hide the initial table and only show the SearchPane panel, but because the data is pretty large it also affects page load and also when filtering. Searching around the documentation I found preDrawCallback to cancel the initial table draw and maybe get better performance.

Only problem is when i select a row and then unselect it, it also remove other rows in that panel. After searching for it I found the option cascadePanes set to true and the preDrawCallback set to return false cause this issue.

Maybe related? https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/60189/searchpanes-cascade-issue

Any other suggestions to save performance while removing the table and keeping cascade would be appreciated.

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

This section of the FAQ should help, it discusses various techniques to improve performance,

Cheers,

Colin

• rezkydrezkyd Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi colin,

Thank you for the comment, should've mention I already tried the things in FAQ and it doesn't fit my needs. I was looking for a specific way when drawing the table isn't needed.

Only problem is when i select a row and then unselect it, it also remove other rows in that panel. After searching for it I found the option cascadePanes set to true and the preDrawCallback set to return false cause this issue.

What about this issue? Is it not a bug? Sure it can be fixed using clear filter (x or Clear All) but I think its a bug.

Yep, I see, thanks. Something does look odd, the behaviour of the panes shouldn't be affected by the draw on the main table. I've raised it internally (DD-1589 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Cheers,

Colin

@rezkyd This has now been addressed - as seen here. You can find the nightly releases here, and we hope to release this in next couple of weeks.

Colin

This discussion has been closed.