how to get rid of redundant arrow in datatable length select box?

how to get rid of redundant arrow in datatable length select box?

CanbriCanbri Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

I've taken over some code from another person to make some improvements to the way our datatable is displayed. One thing I want to fix is that the box where a user can select how many entries to show has two types of arrows in the same space and I only want to display one (image is attached). I've attempted to change settings but none of the changes I've made in the jquery.dataTables.js file, or even the .css files, has made any difference to what is displayed at all. Even setting bLengthChange and bPaginate to false failed to make any impact.

I am hoping someone here might have seen a similar display issue before, and can suggest which types of files might be overwriting the settings so I can keep digging. I'm pretty new to js and the person who wrote the code is in another timezone and not available to help. I am running a RubyOnRails setup if that helps. Sorry I can't post a code snippet, as I am not sure which bits would be relevant.

Cheers!

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,365Questions: 39Answers: 395

That is the standard indicator for that input control, to indicate that the number may be changed up or down. I suspect you would need to implement your own input field to use a different icon.

• CanbriCanbri Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

The problem is that, in addition to the 'up or down' indicator, I also have an arrow. I am looking for a way to turn one or the other off.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,172Questions: 26Answers: 4,923
    edited July 2020

Looks like a CSS issue. Make sure you are using the correct Datatables JS and CSS includes for the styling framework, if any, that you are using. Use the Download Builder for this. You can inspect the input element to see what is being applied. Maybe that will lead you to the resolution.

Without seeing the problem it will be difficult to help troubleshoot. If you still need help then please post a link to your page or a test case replicating the issue.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.