Asking for a suggestion

Asking for a suggestion

Khalid TeliKhalid Teli Posts: 251Questions: 71Answers: 0

I have asked similar question before but here I just need suggestion/feedback

I have a datatable with 4000 rows and 21 columns.

One of the columns has all distinct values (4k distinct values) and when I use this column in searchPanes it degrades the performance massively.

Without searc panes table takes 37 mson average to load which I guess is fine and when I include the column with 4k distinct values in searchPanes, it takes12 secondsto load. Also, on each draw(when changing the page numbers) these values are drawn again. which means on every draw it takes 12 seconds which is not good.

I was wondering is it worth using searchPanes? or is there a way to overcome this?

Thank you

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @Khalid Teli ,

4000 distinct values is a large amount, no doubt there. There are a couple of things that you could do here to attempt to increase the speed. It is hard to recommend fixes without a test case though.

So, could you please link to a test case. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

I would advise against using searchPanes.viewTotal and searchPanes.cascadePanes with that number of distinct values. They are a lot more process heavy and will definitely slow things down. Serverside processing would also be worth looking into.

The other option is to disable SearchPanes for the column with 4k distinct rows if it is not an absolute necessity. You could also look into custom options to perhaps apply a range. As I said before though, it is hard to give good advice for your situation with no test case.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• Khalid TeliKhalid Teli Posts: 251Questions: 71Answers: 0

Hi @sandy
    Thank you very much for the detailed information.
    As of now, I have just removed that column from searchPanes and it works fine.

I will make a working webpage and send you the link soon.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.