Searching input field (Filter) in DataTables not work for 1.10

Searching input field (Filter) in DataTables not work for 1.10

jjiang5jjiang5 Posts: 14Questions: 4Answers: 1

I am using dom: '<"row"<"col-xs-6"i><"col-xs-6"f>>t<"row"<"col-xs-5"l><"col-xs-7"p>>', then try to allows the search abilities of DataTables.
But I type any word in Filter input field, my Ajax will call server side service again to retrieve data. My understanding Filter input field only search the data set returned from server side.
Any advise?
Thanks
Jin

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,174Questions: 26Answers: 4,923

If you have serverSide option enabled, ie, serverSide: true then Datatables expects the server script to perform all searching, paging and sorting functions. See the server side processing docs.

Take a look at this FAQ to help determine if you need server side procesing.

Kevin

• jjiang5jjiang5 Posts: 14Questions: 4Answers: 1

I have serverSide option enabled, I do need to call server side service to retrieve data. after I got data, I want to enable searching option (Filter input field) to input multiple words and find the matching rows, this shouldn't call server side service again.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,174Questions: 26Answers: 4,923

You don't need serverSide enabled just to fetch data via the ajax option. If you want client side searching, etc then turn off serverSide processing.

Kevin

• jjiang5jjiang5 Posts: 14Questions: 4Answers: 1

Thank you Kevin.

When I set serverSide to false, I could get searching option works.

Jin

This discussion has been closed.