The KeyTable key-return-submit event doesn't appear to be available

The KeyTable key-return-submit event doesn't appear to be available

bg7bg7 Posts: 44Questions: 6Answers: 0

This page has documentation for the key-return-submit event:

https://datatables.net/reference/event/key-return-submit

I tried to use it but it didn't work and I searched the code but can't find that event at all. The other KeyTable events work:

https://datatables.net/reference/event/#keytable

Am I missing something? If not, was the event removed but the documentation page left behind? Or is the event valid but accidentally removed from the code?

Thanks.

Ben

Replies

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,174Questions: 26Answers: 4,923

Do you have the latest version of KeyTable? The docs have this:

Since: KeyTable 2.6.0

Kevin

• bg7bg7 Posts: 44Questions: 6Answers: 0

Kevin,

I think I'm on the revision just before that. I'll go grab the latest. Sorry for the confusion and thanks!

Ben

• allanallan Posts: 63,214Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    edited February 2021

Actually its on me - KeyTable 2.6.0 hasn't been released yet. That document shouldn't have been uploaded to the site - guess my auto deploy is just a little too keen!

That said, the nightly does have the event you are looking for.

Allan

Allan,

Ok, now I'm definitely confused. I went to the downloads page and it shows 2.6.0. I pulled it down and in the datatables.js file it lists as an included library "KeyTable 2.6.0". I looked in that file and the 'key-return-submit' event is in there. KeyTables 2.6.0 is also listed as an optional library to include on the live.datatables.net site. You sure it's not released?

Thanks.

Ben

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

Yep, I think Allan was having 'a moment'. KeyTable 2.6.0 was released at the start of this month, so yep, it's there and ready to be used. Apologies for the confusion!

Colin

• allanallan Posts: 63,214Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

Colin is right - I'm a muppet. 2.6.0 is out and 2.6.1 will be released either later today or tomorrow.

Anyone got any other water I can make muddy?

Allan

I think I've got the waters here muddy enough on my own so no need for help on that front but thanks for the offer.

Btw, one suggestion. It would be very cool if the download page would remember all of the various things I've most recently selected to package up. That way I wouldn't have to go back into the datatables.js to look at the list and check them off one at a time to make sure I haven't missed anything. Just a thought.

Thanks.

Ben

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,174Questions: 26Answers: 4,923

That way I wouldn't have to go back into the datatables.js to look at the list and check them off one at a time to make sure I haven't missed anything.

If you use the Download Builder you should see something like this within the file:

```
    * To rebuild or modify this file with the latest versions of the included
    * software please visit:
    * https://datatables.net/download/#dt/dt-1.10.23/rg-1.1.2/rr-1.2.7
    ``

Using the link will pull up the Download Builder with all the options.

Kevin

Kevin,

That's very cool. And of course I was reading off the list on the line right below to figure out what to select on the downloads page and completely missed it. Sigh.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.