Resetting per-column searches

Resetting per-column searches

stephanbstephanb Posts: 36Questions: 11Answers: 0

I've gone through several similar posts and code snippets but I still can't get this to work.
I have a few INPUT form fields to perform searches, this all works well. I also have a button (#clearall) that will reset the values of the text field, but it won't do is clear and redraw the DataTable. What am I missing in the onclick handler?

$('#clearall').on('click', function () {
    $('#namesearch, #fpmsearch, #asmsearch, #issesearch').val('');

table.columns().every( function () {
        this
        .search('')
        .draw();
    } );    
});

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,179Questions: 26Answers: 4,923

Looks like it should work. I made a simple test case that shows your columns().every() loop works:
    http://live.datatables.net/wosiyaya/1/edit

Note that I moved the draw() outside the loop to execute once for more efficiency.

Maybe you can update the test case to replicate the issue.

Kevin

• stephanbstephanb Posts: 36Questions: 11Answers: 0

That example doesn't work 100% either. I works the first time because you load it with a predefined "London" search. Clicking the clear button works.

But if you search something through the text box it doesn't clear.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,179Questions: 26Answers: 4,923
    Answer ✓

But if you search something through the text box it doesn't clear.

Where the search text comes from doesn't matter. See this example with a search input:
    http://live.datatables.net/wosiyaya/2/edit

The code you posted seems to work. There is something else on your page causing the column search to not clear. As I asked before please update the test case or post a link to your page so we can help debug.

Kevin

Yup, fair enough. Let me figure this out. Thanks for setting up the live for me.

edited March 2021

All good. I forgot to include my new onclick handler in the same ready(){} function scope where I moved all my other DataTables code. As a result it didn't know about "table" variable.

Interesting enough it didn't complain about it in the console until I started to debug the code line by line.
    Thanks guys.

This discussion has been closed.