{
    nexttxt = ' new <span class="text-danger">(Si hay Stock)';
}
else
{
    nexttxt = ' new <span class="text-danger">(No hay Stock)';
}
$dstktxt.html(nexttxt);

when changing the data inside the specific cell; it usually changes the width of the table, the problem is when I try to implement:
in same file operation.js i have this

$('.mytable').DataTable().draw();
$('.mytable').DataTable().columns.adjust();

it just breaks and this is left:

my perception is that it takes the table and tries to re-initialize them ... when all I want is to re-render the columns. at the moment you change your content so that both the header and the content are adjusted to the same width.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,292Questions: 26Answers: 4,768

One problem is you are updating the DOM directly and Datatables doesn't know about the change so it doesn't update is data cache. See this FAQ for more info.

You can either use cell().data() to have Datatables update the td and Datataables cache. Or you can use one of the invalidate methods like cell().invalidate().

If this doesn't help then please provide a test case showing what you are doing so we can provide more specific help.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

• arcanisgkarcanisgk Posts: 41Questions: 12Answers: 0

That's an interesting problem. I copied your code here so I could make updates:
    http://live.datatables.net/funubafa/1/edit

The first problem is you are loading multiple copies of jquery.js and bootsrap.js/.css. You are loading them individually and within the CDN. Open the CDN link to see what is being loaded in the concatenated file. I commented out the individual files.

The FixedColumn extension clones portions of the table into the DOM to handle the scrolling. If you inspect the DOM you will find multiple table elements with the class mytable. When your click event executes $('.mytable').DataTable().draw(); it draws the table you expect then initializes two other tables (the cloned tables from FixedColumns. In the example I updated the Datatables API is assigned to the variable table and that variable is used to access the API in the button click event.

Also you will see the use of cell().invalidate() which will update the Datatables data cache with the new value of new (Si hay Stock) for that cell. Search for new in the search input and the row will be found. Comment this line and try the search again and you will see it doesn't find the row.

Another option is to use cell().data() to set the new value. See this example:
    http://live.datatables.net/rojuwaxo/1/edit

Kevin

@Kevin thank for your help.

but the solution you have given me does not solve it, it just avoids it.

for example the initializer I cannot modify it (this line):

var table = $('.mytable').DataTable

I cannot implement it. I am supposed to have in a single screen 2,4,6,8 or 12 tables similar to this structure, that is why they initialize them using the .mytable class .mytable

your solution refresh all, but that's not the biggest problem, I think the problem I mentioned above is that there is code in different files.

I'm thinking about how working around is the situation without it having a big impact.

@Kevin How can I, through the click event, identify which table is the one to be re-rendered? and then execute, among all existing ones, determine the one that must be re-refreshed?

Answer ✓

You can use the table() API. First find the table that the button belongs then use that as the table-selector. Maybe something like this will work for you:
    http://live.datatables.net/rojuwaxo/2/edit

Kevin

gracias Kevin-sama