A left-right scrollable fixed header?

A left-right scrollable fixed header?

pataylorpataylor Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have a wide table and want a fixed header, so you can scroll the length of the table and it will still be obvious what each column is. As it stands now, this works great when I have my browser full screen (on my 27 inch monitor). Someone using a laptop screen, however, will have a much smaller view, with the header going off the screen to the right when in the "fixed" position.. In this case, if I scroll down, the header pops into the position at the top, but then when scrolling right, the table data scrolls, but not the header.

Is there a way to make the fixed header affix itself to the top, and still scroll side to side?

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,148Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Sounds like you don't have the correct FixedHeader CSS for the styling framework you are using. Use the Download Builder to obtain the correct files for your environment.

Or you might be using one of the Datatables scrolling features, which is not supported in the current release but might be available in the next release, version 4.0. The developers con confirm this.

If this doesn't help please post a link to your page or a test case replicating the issue so we can help debug.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin