Editor 1.9.6 and jQuery 3.6.0 Compatibility?

Editor 1.9.6 and jQuery 3.6.0 Compatibility?

cdickinsoncdickinson Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

We recently have attempted to upgrade from old jQuery 1.x to the latest jQuery 3.6.0 in a custom web app, but the upgrade appears to have broken Editor within our application. Is Editor 1.9.6 compatible with jQuery 3.x? We do not have licenses for Editor 2.0 unfortunately so I can not upgrade past 1.9.6.

The error message I get is: $.fn.dataTable.Editor is not a constructor.

I've verified that the appropriate js files are included and I do not have more than one version of jQuery included. Makes me think Editor 1.9.x just might not be compatible with jQuery 3. Is that correct?

Thanks!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,276Questions: 26Answers: 4,765
    Answer ✓

I'm not one of the developers but I haven't heard of any compatibility issues with Editor and the version of jQuery. Did you roll back to jQuery 1.x as a test to see if the issue remains? When you upgraded jQuery did you just replace the 1.x version with 3.6.0 or did you make other changes?

This thread seems to have some good troubleshooting steps. Have you tried clearing the browser's cache in case something old is still hanging around?

Maybe grab a debugger image for the developers to look at.

Kevin

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Yup - no issues that I'm aware of. It sounds like multiple jQuery's might be getting loaded or a load order issue. We'd need a link to the page to be able to debug it fully.

Allan

• cdickinsoncdickinson Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks for the quick reply and answering that there were no known compatibility issues, Kevin! It helped me step back and rethink my approach. I was able to resolve it after ruling out the jquery version!

This is in a Rails app and the way Rails bundles javascript caused it to includ both the datatables.js and datatables.min.js file in it's application.js bundle (while I really only wanted the min.js file). By removing the second datatables.js script from the folder, Editor worked. Stupid error on my part!

Thanks again!