Datatables using ajax

Datatables using ajax

RauRodLaniniRauRodLanini Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited June 2022 in Free community support

Hi guys!

I'd like to know how can i create a datatable using ajax. Nowadays, I have a lot of lines (100.000) in my query and my html (client side) takes a lot of time to render the grid because of data's volume. As a result, I changed my strategy. I saw in your documentation that it's possible to process just 50 or less at a time using ajax and serverside. I confess that I try some examples but, unfortunately without success. I will share some print screen of my code to you see if i make mistakes.

Best regards,
André.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

For that amount of data you'll need to use server-side processing, enable serverSide. The protocol is discussed here. Also see examples here. If you download the DataTables repo, there are examples of the server-side scripts in /examples/server_side/scripts,

Cheers,

Colin

• RauRodLaniniRauRodLanini Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Colin! First of all, I'd like to thank for your answer. I applied the changes in my code, but It doesnt sort out the problem. I'll share the results to you:

Is there something to do to solve it?

Best regards,

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Looks like you have object data not array. You will need to use columns.data to define the columns. I noticed in your first post you have data_src. There is no such option, use data instad.

Kevin

Hi folks,

My latest update was that:

Python code (application.py):

Javascript code (page.html):

Result:

Question:
    Is there something wrong in my sample code?

Best regards,
    André

edited July 2022

In your Python code don't make data a string becasue when you use return jsonify(data) you will take that string and encapsulate it in a JSON string. If you use the browser's network inspector to view the XHR response you will probably find all of the " or escaped, ie \". Instead you should use jsonify to take your dictionary data in return it as a JSON string. You might need to use pandas.DataFrame.to_dict
    for this. Maybe something like this

return jsonify(df_enterpirses..to_dict())

Kevin

edited July 2022

Hi,

Now, my datatable is working in my page html as we can see according image below, but I don't know whats going on because the "paginate" and "search" functionality doesn't work because all rows/records appear in the same screen.

Python Code:

Html Page:

Javascript Code:

Result:

Best regards,
    André

You have serverSide: true to enable server side processing. If you do this then your server script will need to support the server side processing protocol. Server side processing requires the server script to perform sorting, searching and paging. I suspect you don't need this and can remove the serverSide: true to allow the client to perform these functions.

Kevin