Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'render')

rotirkrotirk Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
line of code in which the error occurs render: $.fn.dataTable.render.number('.', '.', '', '') // Format number AFTER sorting
Error messages shown:
Description of problem:
The problem occurs just for some users not sure why the table do not shows up or initalize. Couldn't find why it is doing that and at least what I know is that the users are using Edge.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 56,888Questions: 1Answers: 9,042 Site admin

That error message means that $.fn.dataTable is undefined. That suggests to me that either:

1. DataTables is not loaded on the page, or
    2. jQuery has been loaded multiple times on the page.

Without a test case I can't be sure, but I would guess that (2) is more likely.

Allan

• rotirkrotirk Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited September 23

Hi @allan I tried to remove the jquery from the page and then it says that $ is not defined so I guess thats not the issue. Basically I'm integrating datatables into Microsoft Power Apps. I'm using a function asynchrounsly to fill up the data and it works but for lets say few users (2-3 users) it throws this message. Only thing which I could see is that the jquery was in head and datatables js after the body. So I will try also to move the jquery right above the datatables js and see could that fix it.

• allanallan Posts: 56,888Questions: 1Answers: 9,042 Site admin

If you are able to give me a link to the page, I'd be happy to take a look over it and see where things are going "hiccup".

Allan