How do I make a particular Column fixed in my Table ? I don't need right or left column options

How do I make a particular Column fixed in my Table ? I don't need right or left column options

Jackson01Jackson01 Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Link to test case:
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown:
Description of problem:

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,161Questions: 1Answers: 2,588

How do you mean fixed - is that width, position (with ColReorder or horizontal scroll), or something else?

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• Jackson01Jackson01 Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Colin, My requirement is to fix columns according to the user selection, whichever column user selects the column has to be fixed and the rest columns should be scrolling,

• Jackson01Jackson01 Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Have I been clear in my explanation ?

• allanallan Posts: 61,823Questions: 1Answers: 10,129 Site admin

Yes, sorry we didn't get back to you.

I think it is possible through a combination of ColReorder and FixedColumns' fixedColumns().left() method, which you can use to get / set the number of fixed columns. But it isn't something I've tried before, so I can't say for certain if it would work or not.

Allan