Tables break in Edge browser and latest version of Chrome

Tables break in Edge browser and latest version of Chrome

elifeceselifeces Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 1

Hi, the tables on our company website are broken in Edge and latest Chrome version. Is anyone having the same problem or do you have any suggestions how to solve this. Thank you in advance.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,144Questions: 26Answers: 4,736
    edited May 2023

How are they broken?

Do you get errors in the browser's console?

Can you post a link to your page or a test case replicating the issues so we can help debug?
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

• elifeceselifeces Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 1

Hi Kevin, I created the replica but it looks fine as it should be. But in the latest chrome and edge, the header part seems to move independent from the table body and has its own horizontal scroller as you can see in the screenshot. Tables look just fine in the older versions by the way.
    This is the link to the test case:
    https://live.datatables.net/ceyomipi/1/edit

This how it looks on the website:

I hope I could explain myself, thank you again.

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

The HTML in your example isn't valid (a td outside a tr). It also gives an error if I click the "Run with JS" button. Could you fix these issues so we can see the error and debug it.

Allan

hi @allan I removed the td tag.

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Chrome 112.0.5615.165 - it looks okay as far as I can see. I guess I'm missing something?

Allan

Answer ✓

@allan That was confusing for me too but this was the case. Today the senior developer in my team removed the 'scrollX: true' propoerty and added 'scrollbars:true' instead and it fixed the issue. Thank you for your time.