Post Datatable.net plugin upgrade to DataTables 1.13.4 from 1.10.13 I see multiple sort icons

Post Datatable.net plugin upgrade to DataTables 1.13.4 from 1.10.13 I see multiple sort icons

moorthy28sepmoorthy28sep Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Post Datatable.net plugin upgrade to DataTables 1.13.4 from DataTables 1.10.13 I see multiple sort icons coming for data-default-sort attribute which I was using it version 1.10.13. How to resolve this multiple icon sorting issues. My customization code as below for version 1.10.13

if($this.attr('data-default-sort')){ dtPgnSetting.aaSorting = jQuery.parseJSON($this.attr('data-default-sort')); }

Looks like the below icon is appended again along with the sorting icon.
// Add Sorting Icons to
$(elemSelector.thSorting).append('<i></i>');
$(elemSelector.thSortAsc).append('<i></i>');
$(elemSelector.thSortDesc).append('<i></i>');

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,188Questions: 26Answers: 4,925

I'm not sure what your code snippets are doing but typically when multiple sorting icons appear there is conflicting CSS files being loaded. For example the default Datatables CSS, jquery.dataTables.min.css for example, and a styling framework CSS, dataTables.bootstrap5.min.css for example, are being loaded. Both are then displaying the sort icons. If this is the problem use the Download builder to get the proper files.

If this doesn't help please post a link to your page or a test case showing the issue so we can help debug.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin