no data.row attribute set to when using a language file

no data.row attribute set to when using a language file

When I use a language file for initialization the <tr> elements suddenly don't have $("tr-selector").data("row"), that they normally have. Bug or misunderstanding? Thanks a lot

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,372Questions: 26Answers: 4,780
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure what $("tr-selector").data("row") is or how or when you are using it. "tr-selector doesn't seem like a valid selector. Can you provide a simple test case showing the issue so we can help debug?
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Possibly you are running into the note found in the language.url docs:

Note that when this parameter is set, DataTables' initialisation will be asynchronous due to the Ajax data load. That is to say that the table will not be drawn until the Ajax request has completed. As such, any actions that require the table to have completed its initialisation should be placed into the initComplete callback.

Kevin

• online student registration - Germanyonline student registration - Germany Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0

tr-selector in $("tr-selector").data("row") is just the placeholder for some tr. Actually, this question is from a learning project some time ago, so I cannot really verify and check again. I assume, that this would have been a larger issue, if it really was a bug. So ... Thanks for your reply. Martin