Why does Datatable as input does not allow me to select.

Why does Datatable as input does not allow me to select.

MustangProgrammerMustangProgrammer Posts: 16Questions: 5Answers: 0

I have used datatable as an input in a previous project. I am trying to use in an identical project. But suddenly, on my development machine, I can't select from the datatable. I don't even know where to start to debug this. Can anyone give me an idea where to start?

Here are the css references:

<link href="css/dataTables.dataTables.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link href="css/dataTables.editor.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link href="css/dataTables.editor.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link href="css/editor.bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link href="css/editor.dataTables.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link href="css/responsive.dataTables.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link href="css/rowReorder.dataTables.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link href="css/select.bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />

and the js references:
<script src="js/jquery-3.6.3.js"></script> <script src="js/datatables.js"></script> <script src="js/bootstrap.min.js"></script> <script src="js/bootstrap-datetimepicker.js"></script> <script src="js/jquery.dataTables.min.js"></script> <script src="js/dataTables.bootstrap.min.js"></script> <script src="js/responsive.bootstrap.min.js"></script>--%> <script src="js/dataTables.buttons.min.js"></script> <script src="js/dataTables.select.min.js"></script> <script src="js/bootstrap-multiselect.js"></script> <script src="js/dataTables.editor.min.js"></script>

Just another note, neither project works on my development machine, but previous one is fine in production. A compare shows no differences in the files.

TIA

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,940Questions: 26Answers: 4,875

Sounds like you are trying to do something like this example?

Maybe look at the browser's console for errors.

Without seeing what you are doing its will be difficult to offer suggestions. Start by posting your Editor and Datatables code. We may see something obvious. Otherwise we will need a link to your page or a test case replicating the issues to help debug.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Maybe you can start with this Editor test case template:
    https://live.datatables.net/guwafemu/374/edit

Kevin

• MustangProgrammerMustangProgrammer Posts: 16Questions: 5Answers: 0

Will do Kevin, I was just hoping it was a reference I was missing. I have a project working in production. I'm very confused because it's neither project are working on my develop machine. BTW, there are no errors in my debug console in chrome. Oh, I did reboot, just in case. (I'm an reformed help desk person.)

• FroopleDesignFroopleDesign Posts: 21Questions: 3Answers: 0

Could you share your datatable javascript? As in the code to generate the actual table, rather than the scripts imported in the main file? From my understanding, the issue could be related to not having the proper select options set on your table's javascript.

Perhaps this link here would help https://datatables.net/reference/api/select.style()

• allanallan Posts: 62,803Questions: 1Answers: 10,332 Site admin

DataTables as an input automatically enables the row selection based on the parameters configured for the field. It sounds like an event might be getting missed somewhere (perhaps not yet in the document). I think we'd need to be able to see the page with the issue to be able to diagnose it I'm afraid.

Allan