i want to add another grouping based on column index position 1

i want to add another grouping based on column index position 1

tj9999tj9999 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited September 2023 in Free community support

i want to add another grouping based on column index position 1 i.e Position(in jsfiddle), also i need to show the total of all subgroups that is column 2 groups that comes under column 1 group as a new row after the last subgroup of the main group. i dont know how to do that. my current code: https://jsfiddle.net/bvreamsg/1/
i need the output Table like this:

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,940Questions: 26Answers: 4,875

Looks like your code is based off this RowGroup example. There is now a RowGroup Extension to replace that example. It has builtin support for multi-level grouping. See this example for summing the groups. My suggestion is to use the RowGroup extension instead of writing your own multi-level grouping code.

Kevin

• tj9999tj9999 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

currently in my project the jquery version wont support rowgroup, the jquery cant be upgraded since it affect entirely

• allanallan Posts: 62,803Questions: 1Answers: 10,332 Site admin

What version of jQuery are you using? DataTables and extensions should support jQuery 1.7.1 and newer.

Allan

• tj9999tj9999 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

im using 1.10.11, Datatables are supported but rowGroup supports only in 1.10.19 or later

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,940Questions: 26Answers: 4,875
    edited September 2023

I may be missing it but where is it documented that RowGroup supports Datatables 1.10.19 or later? I looked but didn't see any reference to this. It might exist as there is a lot of documentation on this site :smile:

I created an example with Datataables 1.10.11 and two columns for the grouped data.
    https://live.datatables.net/kedixuli/1/edit

The example seems to work. @allan can confirm compatibility.

Kevin

• allanallan Posts: 62,803Questions: 1Answers: 10,332 Site admin

I'm not sure about the 1.10.19 requirement either. The code says 1.10.8, but it is possible that is out of date...

I would encourage you to upgrade to the latest version of DataTables and the extensions. 1.10.19 was released in June 2018. It is very out of date and not supported any more.

Allan