Editor

oneprogrammeroneprogrammer Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Link to test case:
No test case
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
no debugger code
Error messages shown:

Description of problem:
Just bought the editor. Wondering if I made a mistake. I think it should be easy to set it up. but it is not. I followed the instruction did npm install added the license key, got my build to work. Then I get an error message telling me that I can't use npm and I need to take the downloaded unzip it and put those files in my directory. So I did that, took the files put them in my directory and now I am getting a console log error. hopefuilly the attachment works and you can see it..

How do I get this installed for a javascript based system that is not client side framework (ie node.js vuew, react, angular, ect). I am using jquery/javascript with server side rendering (python).

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,856Questions: 85Answers: 409
    edited February 7

I used the download builder for the client side and I don't have a client side framework either:
    https://datatables.net/download/

I am using jquery/javascript with server side rendering (python).

My server side code is PHP. I don't see a server side library for Python though?!
    https://editor.datatables.net/download/

More on this here:
    https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/68741

• allanallan Posts: 62,522Questions: 1Answers: 10,272 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

The error message suggests that DataTables is loaded, and the Editor Bootstrap 5 integration, but not Editor itself

Can you show me how you are attempting to load DataTables and Editor please?

The npm central registry isn't suitable for hosting propriatory code, which is why there is that extra install step if you use that package. However, we have our own registry which does make it just a standard npm install.

Allan

• oneprogrammeroneprogrammer Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited February 9

Hi Allan, thank you for answering the question. I was missing the dataTables.editor.min.js after reading your message and looking at examples and trying stuff out. I am confused because the installation guide made it sound like there was different editor css and js for different libraries

Right now I have included both
    css/editor.datatables.min.css
    css/editor.bootstrap5.min.css

js/dataTables.editor.min.js
    js/editor.bootstrap5.min.js

Is this what I need to do if I am using bootstrap 5/jquery/javascript scenario?

• allanallan Posts: 62,522Questions: 1Answers: 10,272 Site admin
    Answer ✓

css/editor.datatables.min.css

Remove this one. You only need one of the style files.

The Two Javascript files are correct though - you need Editor core and the Bootstrap 5 defaults for it.

The download builder is the best way to make sure you get the files you need.

Allan

• oneprogrammeroneprogrammer Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks allan much appreciated.