incorrect column header width

incorrect column header width

replix001replix001 Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0

I am in the process of upgrading my web site to use DataTables 2.0.3 from DataTables 1.10.20. I noticed on one of my pages where I have a data render that changes the data of a cell and the data is longer as a result, the column width is correct, but the column header with is not. This was not an issue when using the older version of DataTables.

Replies

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,359Questions: 26Answers: 4,777

Typical problems are:

• Datatable hidden when initialized. Use columns.adjust() when the Datatable becomes visible. See this example.
    • Not including the proper Datatables style integration files for the style framework used. Use the Download Builder to get the proper files.

If neither of these help then please provide a link to your page or test case replicating the issue so we can help debug. Styling issues are difficult to debug without seeing them.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

• replix001replix001 Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0

I am calling columns.adjust() when the table is unhidden. I also tried making in visible at all times and the problem still occurred.

I am including datatables.css, which has:
    DataTables 2.0.3, Buttons 3.0.1, DateTime 1.5.2, Responsive 3.0.1, Scroller 2.4.1, Select 2.0.0

It is hard for me to recreate a reproducible example without accessing our real test site.

We have purchased priority support. Is it possible for us to provide credentials for support to access out site to see the issue live?

• allanallan Posts: 61,805Questions: 1Answers: 10,119 Site admin

I've sent you a PM so we can get that setup :)

Allan