SSP::Complex Error

SSP::Complex Error

samjgsamjg Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 1

Link to test case:
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown:
DataTables warning: table id=example - An SQL error occurred: SQLSTATE[HY093]: Invalid parameter number: number of bound variables does not match number of tokens
Description of problem:

I've traced the problem with the DataTables search box error I'm seeing to the SSP::complex call. When I swap that call out for SSP::simple I no longer have the error.

Error Message when I try to use the Search box: DataTables warning: table id=example - An SQL error occurred: SQLSTATE[HY093]: Invalid parameter number: number of bound variables does not match number of tokens

Relevant code block:
// Custom WHERE clause for filtering data
$whereAll = "viewable = 1 AND Hidden = 0 AND isPublic = 1";

// Output data as JSON
echo json_encode(
SSP::complex($_GET, $sql_details, $table, $primaryKey, $columns, null, $whereAll)
);

PHP Version (From YUM list):
php.x86_64 7.2.24-1.module+el8.2.0+5510+6771133c

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• samjgsamjg Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 1
    Answer ✓

Found the issue. There is a line in the SSP scripts file for the SSP::complex function that has bad line in it. The call is trying to send binds to a SQL request that isn't expecting any bindings and that was creating an SQL error. So I replaced the line with a line that wasn't sending any bindings.

Old: $resTotalLength = self::sql_exec( $db, $bindings,
    New: $resTotalLength = self::sql_exec( $db, null,

• allanallan Posts: 63,262Questions: 1Answers: 10,424 Site admin

That's an interesting one. Because sometimes you might want the bindings to be passed through! Good to hear you have a workaround though.

To be honest, the SSP script is really only a demo. If you want scripts which are production ready, I'd suggest looking at the Editor PHP libraries they are open source and can be used without an Editor license.

Allan