Colgroup overriding configured width settings

Colgroup overriding configured width settings

krutovdlkrutovdl Posts: 43Questions: 9Answers: 1

We have a website that is in production and no new code is expected to be added to it. It was originally coded with Datatables version 1. After version 2.0.0 was released, the configured widths were overridden. Then the 2.0.3 release resolved this issue. Recently, because of security requirements we had to update from version 2.0.8 to 2.1.6, which is the latest version as of this day, and the same behavior observed with version 2.0.0 is observed with version 2.1.6. Since this is production code, nothing was changed on our end, but this behavior exists. Please, provide instructions how to get back the expected behavior.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,982Questions: 1Answers: 10,364 Site admin

Happy to take a look at a test case showing the issue so I can debug it.

Allan

• krutovdlkrutovdl Posts: 43Questions: 9Answers: 1

What is required to debug?

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,077Questions: 26Answers: 4,906

Provide a link to your page showing the issue or build a test case replicating the issue with the instructions found here:
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

Your example doesn't run:

Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined

Doesn't look like jQuery or DataTables have been loaded. There might be other things, I'm not sure.

Please provide a link to a page (your own page, JSFiddle, JSBin, anything else, I'm not bothered :)) that demonstrates the issue, on load, so I can look into it.

Allan

Hi Allan, I added css and js source links. You can see that the first column is very wide, but its width is configured at 15%.

What's the updated URL please?

Thank you - I'll look into it in the morning. I would expect that to collapse down.

Allan