Pagination buttons sometimes display incorrectly

Pagination buttons sometimes display incorrectly

mbaasmbaas Posts: 67Questions: 24Answers: 1

I have a weird problem where a program of mine sometimes creates datatables with pagination-buttons that are not properly formatted:

By looking at the HTML, I see that the div with the pagination-controls is formatted as this:

Whereas as table with proper buttons has this:

(Don't be fooled by the different table-id's, this is random) I wonder what in my settings could cause such a different rendering of these buttons?

(BTW, v1.10.16)

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394
  • mbaasmbaas Posts: 67Questions: 24Answers: 1

I'd be happy to - but the debugger hangs as it uploads the data.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,144Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Tangerine suggested providing a test case not the debugger output. The problem is likely a CSS issue which is difficult to troubleshoot without seeing the problem. Please post a link to your page or a test case replicating the issue.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

That's very odd! Do you have async on any of your <script> tags? I'm wondering if they might be loading out of order and you are using one of the styling libraries.

If the debugger isn't working in this case, we probably would need a test case as Kevin and tangerine indicate.

Thanks,
    Allan

Ok, I'll try to build one...

Answer ✓

<blush>As I was building the repro, I found that in certain cases I did not include all the required js-files. Entirely my fault! Sorry, folks!</blush>

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

No worries - thanks for posting back. Good to hear you've got it fixed.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.