dataTables_scrollFootInner disappears on reinit

dataTables_scrollFootInner disappears on reinit

yishayhyishayh Posts: 108Questions: 17Answers: 0

Hi,

We have a angular based datatable that we develop ourselves.
We noticed that the dataTables_scrollFootInner div disappears when we reinit the table.
Any idea what can cause such a thing?

Thanks,
Yishay

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Thanks for your question - however, per the forum rules can you link to a test case showing the issue please. This will allow the issue to be debugged.

Information on how to create a test page, if you can't provide a link to your own page can be found here.

Thanks,
    Allan

edited May 2016

Sorry - that was my automatic response for questions without a test case, but I recall from your various other questions that you can't provide a link (only noticed the user name and post count after I put in the initial response).

The scroll footer is an artefact of how DataTables does scrolling tables, so it is correct that it should be removed when the table is destroyed. Equally it should then be recreated if a new scrolling table is created in place of the old one.

Allan

• yishayhyishayh Posts: 108Questions: 17Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

thanks for the answer.
    Can you direct me to the part in the code that should reconstruct the datatable?
    I'll try trialing back from there to the point where it is prevented.

Thanks.
    Yishay

• yishayhyishayh Posts: 108Questions: 17Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

can you please answer my previous question?

Many thanks,
    Yishay

This is the function which is used in DataTables to create the HTML structure for a scrolling table. I'm not sure how much use that will be to be honest, but it might be a starting point.

Beyond that, if you could link here to a page showing that issue I will hopefully be able to debug the issue, although I haven't used Angular much.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.