I have added date filter to the table. Now I want to count the number of rows in the table.

I have added date filter to the table. Now I want to count the number of rows in the table.

shekhardshekhard Posts: 19Questions: 5Answers: 0

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,302Questions: 26Answers: 4,769
    edited June 2020

I think you are asking about the recordsDisplay property of the page.info() API.

Kevin

• shekhardshekhard Posts: 19Questions: 5Answers: 0

table.rows().every(function(){
    }) loops through all rows. But I want it to loop through only the rows in the table after the filter is applied.

Can I add the count value to table.rows() so that it only loops through that many rows not all rows

The rows() API documents how to control the rows that are looped through. The selector-modifier of {search:'applied'} is what you are looking for.

Kevin

Can you give me a working example

Like here

var count = 8;
      table.rows().every(function () {
        console.log(this.data);
    });

I want to print only the first 8 rows. How will I do that.

edited June 2020

Got the answer

table.rows({page:'current'}).every(function () {
    console.log(this.data);
    }

Your answer was correct. Had to use a selector modifier.

You probably wouldn't be able to use rows().every() for this particular case. Use a for loop and in the for loop use row() , singular, to get the row. The row-selector documents the options for selecting the particular row. However simply passing the for loop variable might not be enough. You may need to use the jQuery selector of :eq().

The specific answer for your case depends on your table data and what specifically you need. If you want an example for your case please build a simple test case so we can provide a better answer.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.