How to add rows to jquery datatable inside a form?

How to add rows to jquery datatable inside a form?

nc92nc92 Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello, people. I hope everyone had good holidays.

I need to add rows to my datatable inside a modal window(partial view). This modal window basically has a form for various fields and a datatable, together with two inputs and a button.

My idea was to fill the two input fields and when the button is pressed a new row is created in the table, with the values inserted in the two input fields. But for some reason, when I click the button the values in the input fields are empty. The information on the table would very likely be stringified and sent, for example, to the field asp-for="test". So far this was what I thought.

Is this logic possible within a partial view? Do I need an additional form to receive data from my two inputs? I'm already inside another form and I know HTML5 doesn't allow for form nesting, but I get the nagging feeling that I would need an additional form for this logic.

Thank you.

(Modal window where I want to add data to table):

Replies

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,173Questions: 26Answers: 4,923

It will be difficult to help diagnose without seeing what you are doing. Please post a link to your page or a test case replicating the issue.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

But for some reason, when I click the button the values in the input fields are empty.

This sounds like an issue not related to Datatables. Once you are able to retrieve the field data then use row.add() to add the row to the table.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.