SearchPane - feedback - Page 4

SearchPane - feedback

Replies

• LeighLeigh Posts: 18Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited August 2018

Also, can we hide the search panels when no data is present?

I tried doing the following, but it's not working:

fnDrawCallback : function() {
                        if ($(this).find('.dataTables_empty').length == 1) {
                            $('div.dt-searchPanes').hide();
                        }
                    }

• LesFLesF Posts: 16Questions: 6Answers: 1

The sloping dark grey footer is partially covering over the final item in results lists and documentation pages, making the bottom item unclickable.
    This happens in Chrome but not in IE.

• glimpsed_chaosglimpsed_chaos Posts: 111Questions: 21Answers: 4

Just added even though it's not official. Great features so far.

I did notice that the ordering of items in the searchPanes does not match how the Datatable orders in respect to case.

Example - in the datatable "iPhone" and "IService" would be listed alphabetically regardless of the case of the first character. But in the searchPane "iPhone" would actually appear after all other entries that started with an uppercase letter. So, basically after "Zed" then "iPhone" would appear.

• LeighLeigh Posts: 18Questions: 1Answers: 0

Is there an event for when the searchPane has finished building?

I'm trying to hide the container I have wrapped around the search panes if there are no panes rendered, but I can't hook in at the right point. I've tried using the drawCallback of the Datatable itself, but it's too early in the process.

• Ankesh0601Ankesh0601 Posts: 9Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited October 2018

Hi Guys,

Below are two functionality of data table which i want to invoke
    1. https://datatables.net/examples/api/multi_filter_select.html
    2. https://datatables.net/examples/api/multi_filter.html

So i am stuck how do i start implementation of it can anyone guide me please..?
    And is this functionality available on paid service ..?

Present Scenario :smile:
    I am fetching my column from database and those column selected by user, and after that i am populating column in jquery data table with same field name and value, So on the top of that i want to implement search functionality column wise..

Please do needful

• AnthonyKolkaAnthonyKolka Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0

How can one have the rebuild function only reflect data that isn't filtered out from a previous search function? In other words, have the number of options reduce as selections are made so that further choices are only relevant to the displayed data?

I figured it out.

change
    _pane: function(b) { var h = this.classes, f = h.item, h = h.pane, c = this.s.dt.column(b),
    To:
    _pane: function(b) { var h = this.classes, f = h.item, h = h.pane, c = this.s.dt.column(b,{filter : 'applied'}),

Oh and also bind .searchPanes.rebuild() to the draw event.

• scbwscbw Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

@allan Delighted to hear that Search Pane is due to become a full extension. Can I suggest a use case which, although it might be slightly outside of your current thinking, would make it even more flexible? And apologies if this has been discussed above and I’ve missed it.

I frequently need to work with multi-valued enumerations. For example, if I have an enumeration based on cities, then individual table cells might have one or more cities listed, like:

• London
    • Edinburgh, New York
    • London, Tokyo, Edinburgh
    • New York
    • Edinburgh, Brussels
    • New York, Tokyo

At present, the Search Pane will detect and list each of these entries as a separate instance (it doesn’t know any different). What I’d like to see is the Search Pane listing the individual enums, like:

• Brussels [1]
    • Edinburgh [3]
    • London [2]
    • New York [3]
    • Tokyo [2]

Selecting one of these terms from the pane would then filter the table for all rows that contain that term in the associated column.

It seems to me that there are two ways that this could be configured. The first is to flag the fact that a particular column contains multi-valued enums with an option that specifies the delimiter used to separate individual enums (might be ,, might be |). The second is to provide a specific list of terms that are to be detected within the column.

Your thoughts welcome!

• guiohmguiohm Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Thanks for this extension. Very usefull, I'm using it in production.

Would be great if it used the render callback defined for the column.

• ihuangmxihuangmx Posts: 26Questions: 9Answers: 1

I hope this can be behave as the excel filter,so It will help a lot.

• ninkatok123ninkatok123 Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

+1

Yes, this would be a terrific extension.

ព័័តមានកីឡាបាល់ទាត់

• Davet1986Davet1986 Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

I really do like this new search pane, but in my humble opinion it should dynamically filter out the available options in the selection lists views too while selecting or put the counter values to zero for not applicable options and disable possible selection. Add this part and it's complete and a great extension.

https://cambosports24.com

• prgmr1prgmr1 Posts: 15Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited January 2019

@allan I followed your tip from earlier last year regarding changing the js code to:

var data = table .cells( null, column.index() ) .render('filter') .unique() .sort() .toArray();

And then in my render function added a statement to return different values if the type is 'filter', however when I do that the SearchPane no longer shows the total count for each option and doesn't actually filter. It seems when doing the filtering it uses the data returned by the standard render function, not the type == 'filter'. I also noticed this on DOM rendered forms where the column includes a hidden HTML element (i.e. for screen readers). The filter won't actually shows those columns.

Other than this snag with boolean/rendered even inn the early stages SearchPane is great as far as meeting a quick need for basic filtering.

• gs2589gs2589 Posts: 11Questions: 3Answers: 0

@allan I was wondering if this pane feature has been officially released, I can't find it in any of the documentation examples.

Also, you had mentioned that you were working on something similar to airtable, in a couple of previous comments. Wondering if that is ready to give it a try.

https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/46119/searchpane-feedback/p2

Thanks!

• Aries1104Aries1104 Posts: 16Questions: 5Answers: 0
    edited February 2019

Hola existe alguna manera que cuando seleccione se actualicen el número de registro en cada dato.

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @Aries1104 ,

google translates that as "Hello, there is some way that when you select the registration number in each data is updated," which doesn't help really. Could you give more information and as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,801Questions: 85Answers: 406

@colin,

try deepl.com (but in this case add a question mark to the sentence to be translated.)
    I think it is a lot better than google translate. Unfortunately not available for all languages, but for the most common ones.

https://www.deepl.com/translator#es/en/Hola%20existe%20alguna%20manera%20que%20cuando%20seleccione%20se%20actualicen%20el%20n%C3%BAmero%20de%20registro%20en%20cada%20dato%3F

"Hello, is there any way that when I select, the record number in each piece of data will be updated?"

Right now I understand the question somewhat. But it still doesn't make much sense to me ...

Roland

• setwebmastersetwebmaster Posts: 77Questions: 5Answers: 0

Great to see some activity in the Github repo! That means we might soon see an updated Searchpane plugin/extension released? :)

Until it's completed/published, is there a way to use the newly committed bits (is there a nightly release version somewhere on the CDN for SearchPane?)

Thanks in advance, and enormous thanks for those working on it (mostly Sandy and Collin0117 lately)!

Yep, aiming for a release in the next couple of weeks (been saying that for the past couple of weeks but it should be soon!). I don't believe there's a nightly release for that repo yet, not until it becomes official, plus it's in so much flux right now it would be best to wait - we're on the finishing touches, it's close (a couple of weeks!)

Just saw 1.10.20 released, that's awesome! But sadly no mention of Searchpanes (I guess it has to be considered within the "new extensions under development").

I know you are working hard on it (saw the commits), keep up the good work, I'll keep waiting patiently for it to finally be ready for prime time :wink: And if it's ever available as a nightly, I would be really happy to test it out and see if anything stands out :smile:

Hi @setwebmaster ,

Yeah, it's getting close, a few wrinkles to iron out still. There is a nightly build for it. You can enable it by adding S to dom, i.e:

var table = $('#example').DataTable({
          dom: 'Sfrtip'
      });

It shouldn't be too long before it's released, a few weeks, but feel free to play and any feedback would be welcome.

Cheers,

Colin

edited October 2019

Nice! I'll try the nightly and if there's something wrong (that I can see, as obviously I don't have the code overview/knowledge that you might have working with it on a daily basis), I'll try to report on Github!

Thanks again for your work and have a great day!

@colin quick comment, there seems to be a problem the the dom option. Effectively, if using the Scroller extension, both use the same notation in the dom, which results in an error.

Ah, good spot, it's the Select extension extension that clashes - thanks for pointing out.

C

Yep, you are right, it is Scoller!

no problem, if I see some other things, I will try to update you (I created an issue on Github, is it the best way to provide feedback on potential issues found, or do you prefer it here?)

thanks! probably be easier here - one less place to monitor :)

Quick question, I saw the fix has been made on github, but the nightly build does not contain the fix, is the nightly not built on top of master branch?

(Or is it that the real dev is happening on another platform like bitbucket and GitHub is just a kind of mirror that may not always be exactly in sync with the other ?)

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work :)

The nightly builds are pushing the wrong file - we've got a jira open for it. I'd say use the Github repo for the time being. It should be fixed soon, it's the next on the list.

C