How are you using DataTables? - Page 5

How are you using DataTables?

Replies

• girishmrgirishmr Posts: 137Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Allan,
    I am a newbie to web dev as such though I have vast exp in other domains. I am using Data Tables and Table Tools in my current project. Had difficulties in the beginning but could over come thru' this forum and the crystal clear answers I found for the issues I encountered.

I had to change the server side script a bit for my use in the current project since we have to use joins of all sorts and the typical reporting requirements based on date inputs. But could do it in the end. Trying to use the download plugin but stuck (read it as confused :) ) with its implementation. Newbie to JS as well so...
    Trying to change the script a bit more to handle variable columns created dynamically based on the date range given as input.

Thanks for such a good plugin. DT rocks and so those who are involved with it :) I will continue to use this and keep knocking the door of the forum for resolving issues.
    Girish
  • espillierespillier Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    i'm using DataTables on a website that I've made for my wife: after the birth of our baby boy, she wanted a system that allows her to keep track of what/when he drinks/eats or does.
    Front-end is HTML5 with Javascript (jQuery, jQuery-Mobile, Jeditable, DataTables), back-end is PHP and MySql database.
    Still have a few problems using the website on iPad ("editable" capability doesn't work), but works like a charm on PC (Firefox, Chrome, IE)
  • allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    @espillier: Brilliant! :-). Very nice use of DataTables - thanks for sharing, and congratulations.

Allan
  • aaroncopeaaroncope Posts: 11Questions: 0Answers: 0
    great plugin, allan. using it with asp.net mvc / json.net / poco (custom t4 generated) / entity framework / sql 2008.

grids are entirely data agnostic for each view. built up entirely by means of each view supplying a js array of columns desired (including edit / view / delete). grid's ajax source calls a single base controller action, which determines controller, action, area from route data and uses reflection to dynamically invoke the concrete controller's abstract implementation of repository access (that is, of course, each controller conventionally derives from the base controller).

what's awesome about this is that i don't have to define really any html in my views for every screen using a grid. :)

nice work, allan! ...lots of options.
  • _jthomas_jthomas Posts: 75Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am using datatables to display and create orders when the app is offline. The offline content size range from 5 MB-25 MB. Works like a charm in Chrome browser. Currently in the process of making changes to make it work in iPad.
  • x_fx_f Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I use it in a public TYPO3 extension, because it is easy to setup and works really good.
    Google has Pagespeed service and my output is in a table and with datatables it is interactive, odd even and so on.
  • robertbrowerrobertbrower Posts: 158Questions: 1Answers: 0
    I'm using DataTables as the primary plugin used to view HTML tables throughout my ASP.NET web application. The application is part of a data analysis framework.
  • kbeatykbeaty Posts: 12Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited November 2012
    We are starting a site for online scoring of events, like fishing tournaments where real time results can be displayed as they happen. We also plan on doing the same for several other event types. DataTables seems like the perfect solution for our needs.
  • SteveJSteveJ Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I built an app to manage a bunch of system build and automation tasks using dataTables. Much of the details are proprietary. But I built a demo app using the Browser data from the demos here that integrates dataTables, makeEditable, jQueryUI, AutoComplete, Column level searches, and a few other things. It has a server side written in Perl that is almost completely data agnostic. I didn't want to lose track of any of the techniques when I leave this position (it's a contract), so I wrote a blog entry about the details. You can find it at http://wp.me/p2RogR-8. I'm not sure if this will be useful to anyone but me, but I'm sharing it just in case someone finds any of the techniques and descriptions helpful.

Thanks for such a great piece of tech!
  • NickBrownNickBrown Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0
    I'm using Datatables in an asset auditing application I'm writing called "Audition" which is best described here: http://www.npbconsultants.com/wiki (the wiki is progressing even more slowly than the app!). I tried a number of different solutions, but Datatables offered the best fit for my requirements.
  • navynavy Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    looking great feature from datatables i have mad script with full feature that support crud, export to pdf, excel, print, refresh and delete multiple data.

check this out http://www.kacrud.com/demo

Thanks
  • lonnienlonnien Posts: 28Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am using datatables for admin display of pgsql info on a remotely hosted server for an eCommerce application we wrote for handling our licensing.

I have created a database dictionary that stores the table and field info and have it working in full CRUD mode to a php module that handles all the CRUD stuff. Based on the dictionary entries it generates all of the editor and table setup data. All that is required is the database name and the particular form you wish to display.

For a hoot I also made an interface to flexigrid (no editing - just display) and jtables (with full edit and CRUD).

I use a PHP class based on PDO so that I have access to mysql, pgsql and sqlite tables. I have not tested any others but they would be trivial to add.

I am not able to provide any user login since our use of datatables is in admin mode. We have not touched to user interface since it is already doing what we want and is in PHP generated html for forms and simple tables.
  • suryasurya Posts: 8Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am using data table any where table is required in our project ,it is the best tool i am using in project, i will post code after our project is complete it may useful for others, Once again thanxs for allan in give the best solutions for table view
  • psspss Posts: 19Questions: 0Answers: 0
    First of all I would like to express my extreme thanks to Allan and his team members involved in developing such an awesome and superb plugin.

I came to know of Datatables in Aug-2012, the days when I was extensively Googling the web to find a tool that will help me to re-order and Show/hide columns for the tabular-reports I was building for my project. Though, I found some of them, but they were not so relevant.

Atlast, I came to this site, and from then I became fan of it. Not only this, as I started using this plugin and browse more examples, I was fascinated by its various ability like scrolling, pagination, table-tools, search and so on it provides to a simple html table.

Though I was not well versed in jquery then, datatables with its intuitive and simplified initialization methods made me command on the output the way I want.

Thanks again to Allan and his team members. :)
  • mijkmijk Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited January 2013
    Great tool that I use to make my measurements (and lot of another stuff that I do or produce) available to the public in an nice, shiny/fancy way.
    Also - in some freelance cases I use it for a simple and quick pricing lists at some of my clients' websites.

It's a bless. Thank you very much for sharing it with all of us (thanks to generous license agreement) without exceptions, Allan. You're the man!
  • rcaseyrcasey Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I work at a genetics research institute, where I've build a data repository for them. One need will be to be able to be able to potentially display millions of DNA records (not all at once), as well as search, sort and download the portions of the data. DataTables looks like it will do the trick -- as soon as I figure out how to get it working! (Will be posting a support request today...)

--Rick
    Institute for Behavioral Genetics
    University of Colorado-Boulder
    ibg.colorado.edu
  • aquariusyimuaquariusyimu Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited January 2013
    i am looking for a good table plugin. DataTables looks like it what i want.
  • chrisworrellchrisworrell Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0
    I am currently using datatables for a database creation wizard for my software company. I just recently have started learning how to code and wanted to create a simple database wizard that my customers could use to build their own database for my software (it is the most difficult thing to get correct and is necessary to be correct for my software to succeed) and by using your datatable plugin not only have I been able to create an absolutely gorgeous system, it was also super simple to create a user interface that almost guarantees success from my customers.

I am hugely sold on datatables and will be using it ANY chance I get :D
  • canopuscanopus Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hey,

I'm using it an a Django/Python app to manage business rule data.

Thanks!
  • morthahnamorthahna Posts: 18Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited February 2013
    Hi,

we're using DataTables in our WebApp here at doctape. We leverage DataTables for all listing/filtering/searching components there...

We're also considering to use DataTables to replace the TableView component in our iOS app when we switch from the native UI stuff to an HTML5/CSS3-based interface...

Check it out out yourself: http://www.doctape.com

All the best,

Sascha
  • bozdenbozden Posts: 10Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I'm writing code for non-profits and museums, developing web sites using Joomla! DataTables is great for example for entry statistics...

Thank you for the software and nice documentation...
  • mmonsalvommonsalvo Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I love datatables!!! and will be using it any chance I get =)

check this out: http://www.flickr.com//photos/93126501@N05/sets/72157632749971525/show/

Thank you for the great software...
  • wblakencwblakenc Posts: 77Questions: 17Answers: 1
    I have used DT for a few various projects. Currently I am using it as part of an auditing tool I am building. DT loads all the property assigned to a specific user and the auditor indicates if that item was found / not found. Not too complicated but folks around here are very impressed by the sorting and filtering options.

Thanks for building DT and your continued support!
  • webmariowebmario Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited February 2013
    we are using it for the new shop-backend at http://lafeo.de (german shopping marketplace)
    backend is currently in dev process but here you can see a screenshot: http://i.epvpimg.com/JSqxb.png
    responsive version: http://i.epvpimg.com/8XCgh.png
    in near future i hope we can release a public testversion of the backend so you can click through it and see the datatables in action ;)
  • konetkar500konetkar500 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    The DataTable control provides a simple yet powerful API to display screen-reader accessible tabular data on a web page. Notable features include sortable columns, pagination, scrolling, row selection, resizeable columns, and inline cell editing.
  • ken2kenken2ken Posts: 0Questions: 0Answers: 0
    hello guys, I'm newbie with jquery and want use this data tables to have nice display of data, but the problem is I have so many rows and its getting slow to load them all, find my code below.

ID

<?php $ctr=0; foreach($getMsg->Value as $t): $ctr++;?>

<?php echo $t->ID; ?>
    <?php echo $t->MESSAGE; ?>
    Request

<?php endforeach; ?>

The goal is to optimize it for faster loading possible, thanks.
  • t0mt0m Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    We are using DT as front end to display,edit,manage and export data which correlated by many logging systems.
    We are using serverside-processing method as we have about (by now) ~15k records each record consist from ~40 columns.
    It make possible very fast search.
    I've tested serverside-processing using ~67k of records and it looks good (even before optimizing the DB).

I made global search for all columns and search per other column and also added key-bindings.
    CTRL+click on cell will search for particular value in particular column (where cell is located).
    CTRL+spacebar will clean all searches.

If someone interested here is the code used during DataTables initialization.
    [code]
    "fnHeaderCallback": function() { //using fnHeaderCallback for keybinding
    var that = this;
    var keys = { "bspace":32 };
    //clean all filters - CTRL + BACKSPACE
    $(document).keydown( function(evt) {
    if ( evt.ctrlKey && (evt.which == keys['bspace']) ) {
    var filters = $("thead input");
    for ( i = 0; i <= filters.length; i++ ) {
    filters[i].value = "";
    that.fnFilter( "" , i);
    }
    }
    });
    //search per column+cell - CTRL + Click on cell
    this.$('td').click( function(evt) {
    if (evt.ctrlKey) {
    var col = $(this).index();
    $("thead input")[col].value = this.innerHTML;
    oTable.fnFilter( this.innerHTML, col );
    }
    });
    [/code]
  • cserfosscserfoss Posts: 11Questions: 0Answers: 0
    We're using DT to display lists of jobs to youth (www.youthatwork.org). They can favorite jobs to their account, then come in and talk to one of our staff about details regarding the positions. Once approved, additional details become available to them regarding job specifics. It's my first css/ajax/dt/jquery site and I appreciate that DT wasn't the most challenging part to understand. * grin *
  • compsultcompsult Posts: 13Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited April 2013
    I am using datatables as a key part of practice management software (eventually to be deployed using google's app engine). A video of the software is here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZT0wqhQ3Ag&feature=youtu.be
  • kalzkalz Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi I am using datatables in my android app WifiDroid .
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xlnc.wifidroid
    I would like to thank allan for providing the plugins and actively participating in the discussions.Thanks